Sunday, March 24, 2013

'Bow Down'? SIT DOWN !!



Beyoncé: singer, dancer, performer, and actress. She has given us hits such as Listen, Run the World, I Was Here, Party, Dangerously in Love, and the list of amazement goes on. The former singer of Destiny's Child recently put out her new song, Bow Down/I Been On. The song is horrible in my opinion, Beyoncé could've done better. This is obviously in response to singer Keyshia Cole's Twitter Rant. 

This isn't the first time Cole and Bey have had problems over the internet. After the reunion of Destiny's Child during the Super Bowl's half time show, Keyshia Cole had comments towards the performance. She first applauds Beyoncé saying “F*ck that sh*t up then Beyoncé! Bad b*tch central #AllGirlEverything.” She then goes at Michelle Williams, former member of DC. “I think I was frightened to blink for a sec. Then Michelle sung and woke my ass up from my daze!” Tweets Cole. “She always f*ckn the groove up.” This causes a tremendous amount of beef!
According to New York Daily News, Cole doesn’t take it well when Beyoncé drops her single. "First ‘Women need to Stick together’ now bitches better Bow. Smh (Shaking my head). But it's all G(ood)! Chicks stay shooting the s--t. But when I speak my mind it’s a prob. #Well #StayMad," This comment is agreeable. Bey is definitely giving mixed signals and symbols.
Beyoncé has been in the game a long time, making hit after hit. This new release Bow Down/I Been On has shocked and upset many listeners and other artists. First and foremost, Bey's abrupt and continuous use of the B-word. Yes. Many artists use the word and such other foul language, but many look up to the singer. Expect another level from Bey.
Bow Down/I Been On is basically Beyoncé’s way of telling the crowd that this is her scene. Beyoncé states "I took some time to live my life But don’t think I’m just his little wife don’t get it twisted, get it twisted this my sh-t, bow down b-tches" Beyoncé obviously lashes back at the comments many have made about her marriage to Jay-Z and baby Blue Ivy Carter. Bey is too grown and mature to have to explain herself. This track not only stoops to the level of her "haters", but also belittles her.
Being an African American artist with many talents, Bey could have done much better. Next time Bey should stick to what she knows while doing what she loves without the drama!

Teedottt.

No comments:

Post a Comment